THE MAD JOURNEY
Who would have thought a camera for my 40th birthday would kick off a completely new journey away from the finance world into creating Australian made memories. I was tired of seeing poorly made Australian souvenirs (often not made in Australia) that didn't represent the fantastic culture and iconic images of Melbourne so with a newborn in tow I began my business just over two years ago with the simple concept of the wooden 'coaster' which has now evolved into many Australian Made products in the MAD collectible range today. I have always been a creative and loved bright colours which is why the MAD range has an edginess that is not like other brands. We choose to bold, we choose to stand out from the crowd and we choose to be 'U'nique.
As a photographer I am able to meet and collaborate with some wonderful Australian artists and partner with local manufacturers here in Australia. A philanthropist at heart, I wanted my business to be not just about making money but have a positive social impact on others around me. This is now the core to my business success and guides all of the decisions that I make. As the Dali Lama says "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito".
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Keeping it Local and Social
- We believe in sourcing local Australian people and manufacturing businesses to help us make our products.
- We collaborate with talented Australian artists so that together we can create lasting products that keep 'U'nique images alive!
- We partner with those that have a strong social conscience such as manufacturers who employ people with a disability.
- It is so important to pay it forward to those that may not be as lucky as us, so we connect with Launch Housing who helps us help those that may end up displaced on the streets of Melbourne.
These are some of the ways we minimise our environmental impact.
- Paper waste -We use recycled paper for our print series and wooden coasters.
- Wax -Our wax is made in Queensland, sustainable, non toxic and environmentally friendly.
- Carbon Netural -We have partnered with a carbon neutral Melbourne business to produce our iconic coaster series.
- Production materials -We source recycled manufacturing supplies to use in waxing our wooden coasters.